Regardless of the reasons we seek it out—a luxurious treat, stress relief, increased energy or body detoxication—massage therapy can be a powerful addition to your healthcare regimen. Expert therapeutic massage is good for every lifestyle and focuses on maintaining and improving the working order of each guest’s mind and body
Whether you are just beginning or an elite competitor, massage therapy is the perfect complement to your training routine as well as your overall health. Receiving massage on a regular basis is shown to decrease muscle inflammation after exercise, improve performance and decrease pain.
Benefits of Massage
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow - the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophiedmuscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largestorgan—the skin.
- Increase joint exibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural pain killer.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Scheduling a Massage
The SPARC massage therapist and strength and conditioning coaches work together to ensure that you are receiving the most complete care possible. Call (706) 286-7338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment today.
Learn more at SPARC's dedicated performance massage page.