VAST Clinical Trial: Safely Supplementing Tissue Lost to Degenerative Disc Disease
by Douglas P. Beall, MD, Gregory L. Wilson, DO, Randolph Bishop, MD and William Tally, MD.
- This is the first study of any size to demonstrate significant and objective clinical benefit from treating the anatomic site that is by far the greatest source of back pain.
- There was statistically significant improvement in function in the entire treated cohort.
- There was statistically significant improvement in pain in the cohort of patients who had a greater than 20-point pain reduction.
- Almost 60% of the patients had no back pain.
- The results from the VAST trial is even better than the study that first created excitement for cellular therapy (MesoblastPhase 2).
- VAST vs. Mesoblast Phase 2:
- No Back Pain : 59% with VAST, 52% with Mesoblast Phase 2
- More than 15-point reduction in ODI: 77% with VAST, 50% with Mesoblast Phase 2
- As good as Basivertebral Nerve Ablation(Rhizotomy).
From neck and leg pain to scoliosis, the spine can be the source of many different ailments we experience. Athens Orthopedic Clinic’s fellowship-trained spine and scoliosis specialists provide each patient experiencing orthopedic spinal issues quality, state of the art care.
For more information on Athens Orthopedic Clinic’s SpineHealth team or to schedule an appointment, visit us at www.athensorthopedicclinic.com or call (706) 549-1663.